1. What does a home inspection include? We will inspect the major components of the house including the structure, the foundation walls, the crawlspace and attic (if accessible), the electrical panel (breaker conditions, wire size, grounding), the roof and chimney, the plumbing, the furnace, the exterior, the interior (of all rooms accessible), and the grounds surrounding the house. I will also inspect daily use items, such as light switches, outlets, faucets, doors, windows, cupboards and drawers, appliances, etc… It is a very thorough inspection! For more details see WA Standards of Practice: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=308-408C
2. How long will the inspection take? Generally a 2000 square foot home will take 2-ish hours. The size, age, and condition of the home dictate the length of inspection. Larger homes with outbuildings will take longer.
3. When will I receive the report? The report will be emailed within 24 hours of the end of the inspection. Usually they are available sooner.
4. Do I need to be there for the inspection? No you aren’t required to be there during the inspection. We do highly recommend your presence so that you benefit from the valuable learning experience. By shadowing the inspector you can get answers to your questions and explanations to conditions. Your presence will also help you better understand the report.
5. Is a home or property inspection a warranty of the property? A home or property inspection is not a warranty covering the property. Rather it is an observation of the home (guided by the SOP) based upon the conditions at the time of the inspection. The observations are reported in an accurate and unbiased manner. Home warranties are available thru other sources.
Testimonials It was very nice meeting you yesterday! Thank you for your thorough inspection and a detailed report. I appreciated your work and I will read the report, believe or not, WORD by WORD, PHOTO by PHOTO. I'll email you if I have questions. Thank you for your patience to show me and teach me as well. C. Wu 7/16
Thank you so much for your great attention to detail, your thorough work and great way you explained each of the areas. I can open all of the files and really appreciate all of your help! KA
Look no further for a Home Inspector! Hire this man, Mark Everett. I am more than 100% satisfied with his inspection, cost, not to mention he was given less than 24 hr notice and it was on a Saturday! He arrived very early, my realtor was over an hour late (not her fault) and Mark stayed. Very professional, courteous, explained every repair in detail and how to fix the repair, if Seller not willing to fix before closing. He was very thorough on this inspection and gave an awesome, extremely detailed Final Inspection Report. I am so thrilled I hired him. He should have charged me more! Trust me, HIRE HIM! Need I say more? Mary D.
Good morning Mark. I did review the report and it is top notch! I appreciate the extra time and effort. Makes all the difference in the quality of the report when people like you take their work serious and do the best job possible for their customers. Thanks again, Great work. Jim A.
Thank you for inspecting our prospective home at 123 Main St. on Saturday. I know that both Nicole & I enjoyed talking with you, and we appreciated your explanations. Thanks for all of the pictures with your report. I thought maybe I was going to ask you a question here about the house. However, I’ve just looked again at your report, and it addresses everything I can think of at the moment. Gary M.
We hired Mark Everett because we had heard from others who have worked with him that he was honest, thorough and responsible. All of this was true during our experience of working with Mark. He spent as much time as needed explaining what he saw and answering all of our questions during the house inspection process. He also met with our listing agent to make sure that everyone was on the same page. I would not hesitate to refer Mark to anyone that needed a comprehensive home inspection. Mark F.
Thanks for the ongoing assistance. Your willingness to help after the inspection is refreshing and appreciated. lt has been a pleasure meeting you and hope to work together again on a future real estate transaction. Nancy E.
Appreciated your work on the inspection. Besides being good work, the inspection itself was instrumental in our offer. The report was clear and your narrative was most helpful. Jeff C.
Thanks for the report, and thanks for doing such an amazing job. Chad had nothing but good things to say about how it went, and the job you did. Definitely will recommend you in the future :) Sarah M.
PROUDLY providing home inspection services to Mercer Island, Bellevue, White Center, Kirkland, Burien, Newcastle, Tukwila, Renton, Shoreline, SeaTac, Lake Forest Park, Redmond, Kingsgate, Kenmore, Sammamish Mark Everett @ 425 306-0098